“Shortix” is a simple and beautiful script which allows to start your own URL shortening service, a web service that provides short aliases for redirection of long URLs. Users can shorten URLs anonymously or register to get graphical statistics and use API. Script has modern and secure admin panel where you can manage all registered users and their URLs.
- URL shortening: users can shorten URL anonymously or create accounts for more advantages.
- Enable/disable anonymous shortening: administrator can disable anonymous shortening.
- Enable/disable user registration: administrator can enable/disable new user registration.
- Account activation: users must verify their e-mail to activate account.
- Reset password feature: user can reset password if he/she forgot it.
- Spam protection: registration goes through AJAX-requests to reject automatic robots.
- Shortening API: allows applications to automatically create short URLs.
- Enable/disable API: administrator can disable API.
- Graphical statistics: registered users can generate graphical statistics for own URLs for any period of time.
- AJAX-ed interface: modern jQuery-driven interface.
- Secure admin panel: control everything through admin panel (try demo).
- PHP mail and SMTP supported: e-mails are sent either by
mail()or through SMTP-server.
- Easy to install: quick installation script.
Try demo website. You can shorten URL anonymously or create new account or use demo account:
Admin Panel Demo
Try admin panel:
- PHP version 5.0 or greater
- MySQL version 5.0 or greater
Let’s imagine that you have website
http://web.com/ and you want to install script there.
- Upload files to your website.
- Make sure that all php-files have permissions
0644and folders –
- Open URL
http://web.com/in browser and follow “Quick Installation” procedure.