Created By A Web Developer For Web Developer’s
Free updates & Lifetime support included!
Version 1.3 is here!
View the Changelog at the bottom for more details!
Before using this script – we’ll use Joomla as an example:
- Download Joomla – Depending on connection, wait several minutes.
- Unzip Joomla.
- Open FTP Client.
- Keeping structure in-tact, upload Joomla.
- Wait a few more minutes based on your connection.
Typical time taken – up to 15 to 20 minutes (or more).
Using this script:
- Login to Remote .ZIP
- Copy link to .zip file into Remote .ZIP
- Set script options – 5 Easy Steps! (See Demo)
- Click on upload and several seconds later (based on server speed) your ready to go!
Typical time taken – 1 to 2 minutes.
This script grants you the ability to remotely upload .zip archives directly from another server and then unzip them after they have been uploaded. There is also the option to directly upload .zip archives from your computer as well so you aren’t limited to only remotely uploading.
There is no database needed or installation required, simply upload one file (only 18kb!) to the directory you would like to upload the .zip archive, access the script, and follow the 5 simple steps within the script.
For those webmasters that upload php applications/scripts (such as Joomla, WordPress, Drupal, etc.) on a regular basis, this script will save you a lot of time and effort!
v1.3 – 5th Aug 2011
- Added script configuration block within the script to access script settings easier
- Added allowed file types. You can now upload more than just .zip archives.
- Added .zip detection rules to ensure the server only unpacks .zip archives
v1.2 – 15th Jul 2011
- Added whitespace detection to strip whitespace from url’s when remotely uploading.
- Removed customizable CHMOD settings due to many server incompatibilities.
v1.1 – 17th Jun 2011
- Added the ability to just unpack .zip archives that exist on the server.
- Added customizable CHMOD settings.
Links to common PHP Applications
You can use any .zip archive that is not password protected (maybe possible in a future release, but not at the moment). Here are some common php applications I use this with this script on a daily basis (just copy the link directly into Remote .ZIP):
Drupal 7.2: http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/drupal-7.2.zip
Drupal 6.22: http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/drupal-6.22.zip
Joomla! 1.6.x: http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/14659/64120/Joomla_1.6.3-Stable-Full_Package.zip
Joomla! 1.5.x: http://joomlacode.org/gf/download/frsrelease/14506/63460/Joomla_1.5.23-Stable-Full_Package.zip
phpBB : http://www.phpbb.com/files/release/phpBB-3.0.8.zip
WordPress Latest: http://wordpress.org/latest.zip
Please let me know if any of these links become outdated!