Amazon Rekognition makes it easy to add image analysis to your applications using proven, highly scalable, deep learning technology that requires no machine learning expertise to use. With Amazon Rekognition, you can identify objects, people, text, scenes, and activities in images, as well as detect any inappropriate content.
Amazon Rekognition also provides highly accurate facial analysis and facial search capabilities that you can use to detect, analyze, and compare faces for a wide variety of user verification, people counting, and public safety use cases.
- Create IAM User with Amazon Rekognition and Amazon S3 policies attached.
- Simply include into the configurations your AWS IAM User Access and Secret Access Key and your AWS S3 Bucket Name and you are all set!
Benefits of Amazon Rekognition:
- Deep Learning Technology
- No Machine Learning expertise required
- Provides highly accurate facial analysis
- Provides highly accurate facial search capabilities
- Identify thousands of objects and scenes
- Identify potentially unsafe or inappropriate content
- Read skewed and distorted text to capture various information
- Quickly identify well known people in the image
- Identify products, landmarks and brands
- Detect up to 100 faces in an image
- Compare up to 15 detected faces
- Adjust probability of given prediction
- Up to 15MB stored as Amazon S3 object size (Image File size)
- Support PNG & JPEG image formats
- Can detect up to 50 Words in an image
- “Pay as you go” payment model
- Easy to customize
Cost of Running Amazon Rekognition – Image Recognition Service:
- You can use any hosting platform as you prefer for the application itself
- AWS Account (Free to Open – You will be on Free Tier for the 1st year)
- Amazon S3 Storage Cost (For Data Storage and Data Traffic Out)
As part of the AWS Free Tier, you can get started with Amazon Rekognition Image at no cost. The Free Tier lasts 12 months and allows you analyze 5,000 images per month and store 1,000 pieces of face metadata per month.
Amazon Rekognition charges you each time you analyze an image using our APIs. Running multiple APIs against a single image counts as processing multiple images.
- For Up-to-Date Prices – Click Here
- AWS PHP SDK v3 is Required (Already comes with the App) – Setup Link
- AWS IAM User Amazon Rekognition and Amazon S3 Access Policies attached – Setup Link
- Amazon S3 Bucket with Public Access – Setup Link
- Also Listed and Explained in the Documentation
- Foggy by Nbartlomiej
- jCanvas by Caleb Evans
Release Notes – Change Logs:
06.05.2020 - 1.0.1 - Update: Documentation update - Fix: Minor bug fixes 16.03.2020 - 1.0.0 - Initial Release